Book a workshop or party at the ClaySpace studio for your next birthday party, scout workshop, classroom trip or even bridal shower!
Your ClaySpace Party will Include:
- Instruction in hand building or wheel throwing activity led by a professional artist and teacher.
- Time in the facility for serving refreshments and/or opening presents
- At least one piece of work per guest is kiln-fired (to be picked up later by party host)
- Free family admission passes to the Erie Art Museum for each guest
• 60-minute hand building workshop is $20 per guest with a $200 minimum.
• 90-minute hand building workshop with the ability to glaze (paint) each piece is $25 per guest with a $250 minimum
• 60-minute wheel throwing workshop is $30 per guest with a $300 minimum.
• 90-minute wheel throwing workshop with the ability to glaze (paint) each piece is $35 per guest with a $350 minimum
Additional fees apply for special glazes, food safe firings, extended instruction time and offsite workshops.
If you’d like to book a ClaySpace Art Party, call the Museum at ph 814.459.5477 or email ally. Pre-payment is necessary to secure a date, time, and clay instructor.
Possible themes and activities for children:
Pottery Badge for Scouts ($22 per student)- Practice hand building to make a pinch pot and an original sculpture or figurine. Learn about the kilns in the studio, tour the glaze room and paint a bisque fired tile or cup.
American Indians – Create Native American inspired clay dolls, bead jewelry, arrowheads, or coil pots.
Dinosaurs – Guests create their favorite or fantasy prehistoric heroes out of clay.
Safari – Explore Africa and its animals through clay creation.
Horses – Guests will make horses, unicorns, or a Pegasus.
Creative Containers: Make jewelry or trinket boxes to hold little treasures.